The Dynaudio Sub 18S is a subwoofer designed to work with a wide variety of Dynaudio professional monitors from BM6s to mastering-grade M5P towers. The sub makes use of dual 9" long-throw woofers that allow for accurate lows between 16 and 230 Hz at sound pressure levels of up to 110 dB.
The sub makes use of advanced DSP modeling technology to match any of the Dynaudio Pro Studio models, so you can turn your Dynaudio two-way setup into a 2.1 or even 2.2 system. If stereo subs are your preference, this sub with its XLR or RCA inputs and outputs supports daisy-chaining.
The sub offers a powerful punch thanks to two new MSP+ Hybrid Drive units and a Class-D 500W amp for absolute control and power. The 18S provides a display and menu system to select the specific Dynaudio speakers you're using in your monitoring setup. This means the roll-off can be tailored perfectly to suit your model.
You'll also have the ability to set a time delay with the sub, to better ensure that your system is in sync. Simply enter the distance from the sub to the speakers in the control panel, and the sub adjusts itself automatically using both time and phase delays. You'll also note the three-filter parametric EQ to easily defeat room modes that could affect your mix or master.
- 500W Class-D amplifier module
- Dual 9" MSP+ Hybrid Drive long-throw woofers for accurate low-end frequency reproduction
- Three-band built-in Parametric EQ
- Preset speaker crossover filters
- Time alignment for adjusting according to position
- 16 to 230 Hz frequency range
- Dual opposing driver design principle
- Daisy-chain multiple subwoofers