The Akai Professional MPD232 USB Controller and Sequencer by Akai Professional combines a pad controller, a control surface, and a step sequencer in a lightweight and compact package, offering producers, programmers, musicians, and DJs the feel of classic MPC beat-making.
Sixteen ultra-sensitive Thick Fat MPC pads are used to trigger drum hits and other samples in your software or external MIDI sound module. The pads are backlit for visual feedback & color-coding, and pressure- and velocity-sensitive for a responsive feel and intuitive playing. You can access up to 64 different pads stored in four independent banks.
The control surface features eight 360° knobs, eight switches, and eight faders (all assignable) which send continuous controller messages to the software for up to 72 parameters stored in three independent control banks.
A 64-channel sequencer lets you create, edit, and playback sequences up to 32 steps long, and it allows for real-time recording. The unit incorporates some of the MPC's most popular features such as Full-Level button, MPC swing, 16-Level button, Note-Repeat button, and Tap-Tempo button.
The MPD232 is class-compliant with Mac and Windows, and is iOS-compatible via Apple's Camera Connection kit (available separately). It comes with a comprehensive software bundle which includes Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Ableton Live Lite.
- 64 Channels, 32-Step Sequencer
- 16 x Thick Fat RGB-Backlit MPC Pads
- 8 x Assignable Q-Link Knobs
- 8 x Assignable Q-Link Switches
- 8 x Assignable Faders
- 72 x Assignable Controls via Three Banks
- Classic MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing
- Dedicated Transport Controls
- MIDI In & Out Jacks
- Software Package Included
- 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive Thick Fat RGB-backlit MPC Pads
- Four independent pad banks let you access up to 64 different assignable pads (16 across four pad banks)
- Eight 360° knobs and eight faders send continuous controller messages to your software or external MIDI device
- Three independent control banks of knobs, faders, and switches let you control up to 72 parameters
- Preset Mode allows you to recall 30 stored programs containing control information for pads, faders, knobs, and more
- 64-channel sequencer lets you create, edit, and playback sequences up to 32 steps long
- Connect to MIDI in/out of external MIDI devices using a 1/8" to MIDI adapter (two included)
- Classic MPC features such as Full-Level button, MPC swing, 16-Level button, Note-Repeat button, and Tap-Tempo button
- Backlit display lets you view menus, options, parameters, and settings
- Dedicated transport controls include Stop, Play & Record, and Sequencer Record
- Mac & Windows class-compliant, and iOS-compatible with Apple’s Camera Connection kit (available separately)
- Powered via USB bus - Unit can also be powered via USB charger or power adapter (both available separately)
- Kensington lock slot to help secure the unit to a table or other surface
- Included software: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Sonivox Big Bang Cinematic Percussion & Big Bang Universal Drums, and Ableton Live Lite