The Roland DJ-505 is not only a top-shelf DJ controller for Serato DJ, it's also a full-blown production machine for creating original music and rhythmic elements in real-time. Add booming 808 kicks and 909 hi-hats to your performances with a built-in TR-series drum machine while you craft killer loops and beats with an integrated 16-step sequencer. Trigger cues, samples, loops, and more with eight dedicated performance pads and transport controls while you scratch with the DJ-505's two low-latency platters. Loaded with professional I/O and advanced features, the DJ-505 is an excellent choice for mobile applications, club DJing, live performance, production, and more. Software licenses for Serato DJ Pro and Serato Tool Kit are included with purchase.
Includes Serato DJ Pro software license (Mac/Windows)
Serato DJ Pro's customizable layout and comprehensive tool set provide the best in-the-box DJing experience you could ask for. The Roland DJ-505 comes with a full version of Serato DJ Pro — that's a $99 value. Here are just some of the latest features:
- Clean, intuitive interface— Serato DJ Pro's four Virtual Decks provide all the key track information you need: BPM, track progress, pitch info, and more. Large animated jog dials provide reference points for scratching and beat juggling.
- Cue, loop, sync, and quantize — Serato DJ Pro displays up to eight cue points, each with unique names, at once. The same goes for loops and auto loops. If manual beat matching isn't your thing, Serato's Sync function saves you from fiddling with the pitch slider. Quantize mode automatically triggers cue points and loops in time to the beat.
- Onboard sampler and iZotope effects — Serato DJ Pro's onboard SP-6 sample player and integrated iZotope effects (delays, reverb, flanger, distortion, filters, and more) offer more creative flexibility than a table covered with expensive DJ hardware.
- Powerful iOS apps — Load up the Serato Remote app on your iOS device, and you can control nearly any Serato DJ Pro function without reaching for your mouse or your DJ controller.
- Practice Mode — In Practice Mode, you can mix two tracks together without hardware connected.
- 64-bit support — Now with 64-bit support, Serato DJ Pro performs better than ever, with virtually no limit on library size.
- Performance Pad Mode— This mode streamlines planning and performing by displaying your cue points in a new but familiar layout.
Best-in-class mixing and scratching
Scratching on the Roland DJ-505 is easy, thanks to its large, low-latency platters — they feel as natural as old-school vinyl. The DJ-505's dedicated Serato DJ controls allow for quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, TR sounds, sequencer patterns, and samples. On top of that, the Deck Select button makes switching between the DJ-505's four decks fast and easy. Three FX Select buttons on each deck grant access to channel filters or Serato FX.
Deliver a jaw-dropping performance with real-time sequencing
Delivering an awe-inspiring performance with the DJ-505 is easy. You can use the built-in TR drums as a foundation, or load your own sounds into Serato Sampler's eight sample slots. Create engaging loops and beats using the DJ-505's integrated 16-step sequencer, then sync them with your Serato DJ tracks to produce unique transitions, live remixes, turbocharged classic tracks, or your own creations. And the best part is, you can do all of this in real-time! We've also used the DJ-505's MIDI output to sync MIDI-supported external devices to its TR-S sequencer and Serato DJ.
Pro-grade build and advanced features
The DJ-505 is filled with pro-quality features, making it ideal for mobile applications, club DJing, live performance, production, and more. It features Master and Booth outputs, both with quality 24-bit/48kHz AD/DA conversion that delivers a clear, powerful sound. The Master output employs balanced XLR connectors for direct connection to a professional PA system, and you can monitor your mix via the Booth outputs as well as separate 1/4" and 1/8" Phones jacks. On top of that, you can add vocals or external instruments to your performance, thanks to a 1/4" TS mic input.
Roland DJ-505 Features:
- Serato DJ controller with 2 channels and 4 decks
- Built-in TR-series drum sounds provide the perfect foundation for jaw-dropping beats and sequences
- Classic step-based TR-S pad interface and Level, Attack, Decay, and Tune knobs make beat creation easy
- Integrated 16-step sequencer synchronizes with Serato DJ’s sampler for real-time on-the-fly beat creation
- 8 dedicated pads and transport controls with Hot Cue, Roll, Slicer, TR, Pattern, and Sampler modes
- 2 low-latency platters allow you to scratch with finesse
- Mic input with onboard effects brings new life to your DJ voice, radio drops, guest vocals, or external instruments
- MIDI output for synchronizing your MIDI-supported external devices to your sequencer and Serato DJ
- Quality 24-bit/48kHz AD/DA converters offer top-notch sound
- Mixer can be used standalone via connection of multi-players or turntables to the line and phono inputs
- Balanced XLR outputs for connection to a professional PA system
- Booth Out plus separate 1/4" and 1/8" Phones outputs for monitoring your mixes
- Includes licenses for Serato DJ Pro and Serato Tool Kit (Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ, Serato Flip, and all Serato DJ FX packs)