Korg LP-380U 88 Key Digital Piano
The LP-380U provides brilliant piano sound in a low-profile, slim design. The flat-top cabinet looks stylish even when the key cover is closed. The high-output amplifier and speakers accurately reproduce a realistic piano sound, while Korg's flagship RH3 keybed enables expressive performances.
The LP-380 is a digital piano that's designed with a style to match your interior dí©cor. Merely 26 cm in depth, it's slim enough to fit anywhere. The wooden key cover is flat on top, allowing the instrument to blend elegantly into your room when you're not playing it. Keeping safety in mind, the cover uses a soft landing mechanism to ensure that it closes gently. The slim and stylish chassis projects a sense of stability. The RH3 keyboard, three pedals, and large-diameter speakers ensure a superb piano-playing experience and rich piano sound.
Rich piano sounds that you'll enjoy playing
In order to reproduce the playing feel of an acoustic piano as closely as possible, the sound switches between four piano samples according to your playing dynamics. From subtle touches to powerful crescendos, the sound will respond realistically to your playing. In particular, the Classic Piano and Grand Piano sounds realistically reproduce the damper resonances that occur when you hold down the damper pedal of an acoustic piano, making the overall sound of the piano even more pleasant and enjoyable to play.
Authentic vintage electric piano sounds
As a musical instrument manufacturer, Korg has placed particular emphasis on the electric piano sounds. They reproduce not only the way that the tone responds to your touch, but also the subtle noises that occur when you release a key. Six varieties are provided, covering the sounds widely used in pop music of the '60s and '70s, as well as some of the tones that are highly regarded in soul music.
30 high-quality sounds
Starting with piano and electric piano, there are a total of thirty expressive and high-quality sounds built in. There's also a Layer Mode that lets you play two sounds together, and a Partner Mode that divides the keyboard into left and right regions so that two people can play the same range of pitches at the same time. Two headphone jacks make it convenient for two people to enjoy playing the LP-380 together. You also have a choice of nine different temperaments, supporting historically authentic performances with period instrument ensembles.
There are three effects: brilliance adjusts the brightness of the tone, reverb simulates the natural ambience (reverberation) of a concert hall, and chorus adds spaciousness.
High-output amp and speaker section for powerful sound
The amplifier (22W x 2) boasts the highest output in its class, properly reproducing the expressive piano sounds with rich tone, sonorous lows, sparkling highs, and gorgeous resonance. Two large-diameter 10 cm speakers are placed inside the cabinet, allowing the sound to resonate for even richer depth. Placing the speakers below the keyboard creates the sensation that the sound is enveloping the entire piano, providing even greater realism.
Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 Keyboard provides a superb playing feel
The Real Weighted Hammer Action 3 (RH3) keyboard reproduces the same playing experience as on a grand piano, with heavier response in the lower register that becomes lighter as you play upward. With improved response to repeated keystrokes, even rapid passages can be reproduced without impairing the expression of the performer. There's also a Key Touch Control function that lets you choose one of three levels to specify how your playing dynamics will affect the sound, allowing you to personalize the instrument to your own keyboard touch. With a view toward the environment, no lead is used in the hammers of the keyboard.
Reduced chassis size and weight
In consideration of the user's possible need to move or relocate the instrument, the LP-380 has been lightened by approximately 5.0 kg in comparison to the previous model (LP-350), making it easier to move or transport, as well as making assembly safer.
LINE OUT Jack
You can use the LINE OUT jack (stereo mini-jack) to connect the instrument to your amplified speaker system or recording device.
The built-in metronome lets you adjust the time signature, tempo, and volume. It also lets you use a bell sound as the accent.
Premium pedal performance
The LP-380 includes all three pedals normally found on a concert grand piano, including support for realistic half-pedaling on both the damper and soft pedals. These pedals are affixed to the LP-380 in the perfect position for a true piano playing experience.
The LP-380 supports MIDI, the unified standard for transferring performance data between electronic musical instruments and computers. MIDI allows connected devices to control each other, and lets you use the LP-380 as a 16-part multi-timbral sound module.
You can use a USB cable* (USB cable sold separately) to connect this instrument's USB port to your smartphone, tablet, or computer, and use the LP-380U as a MIDI keyboard to play an external sound module. Your performance on the LP-380U can be recorded as music data on your smartphone, and sound from your smartphone can be heard through the speakers of the LP-380U.
Korg LP-380U 88 Key Digital Piano Features:
- Slim and stylish design
- Rich, dynamic acoustic piano sounds that are enjoyable to play
- High-output amp section produces plenty of volume
- RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) keyboard
- Reduced chassis, package size, and weight
- Three-pedal design with half-damper support
- High-quality musical instrument produced by expert craftsman in Kyoto, Japan.
Korg LP-380U 88 Key Digital Piano Specifications:
- Keyboard: 88 key, RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) Keyboard
- Touch selection: Light, Normal, Heavy
- Pitch: Transpose, Fine tuning
- Temperament: 9 types
- Sound generation: Stereo Piano System
- Maximum polyphony: 120 voices
- Sounds: 30 (10 x 3 Banks): Acoustic Piano x 5, Electric Grand, Electric Piano x 6, Harpsichord, Clavi x 2,
- Vibraphone, Marimba, Acoustic Guitar, Jazz Organ x 3, Pipe Organ x 3, Strings x 3, Choir 3
- Effects: Brilliance, Reverb and Chorus (3 levels each)
- Demo Songs: 30 (Sound Demo song x 10, Piano Demo Song x 20)
- Metronome: Tempo, Time signature, Accent, Sound and Volume controls
- Connections: Line Out, MIDI (In, Out), Headphones x 2, Pedal, Speakers, DC19V
- Amplification: 22 Watt í„ 2
- Speakers: 10cm x 2
- Pedals: Damper*, Soft*, Sostenuto
- *Half-pedaling supported
- Controls: Power, Volume, Piano Song, Transpose, Function, Touch, Brilliance, Reverb, Chorus, Bank, Sound x 10, Up, Down, Metronome
- Power supply: DC 19 V, AC adapter (included)
- Power Consumption: 15W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 1,355 í„ 351 í„ 936 mm / 53.35 í„13.82 í„ 36.85 inches (with key cover opened)
- Weight: 37 kg (including Stand)
- Color Variations: Black, Rosewood, Rosewood Grain Black Finish
- Accessories: AC adapter, Stand.
- Made in Japan